Saturday, April 14, 2018

introduction to the authors' agency: Blog @ Labo* Stockholm festival

I am still trying to understand what kind of blog is one that doesn't make a critique of performances: nor a text that describes what we have seen, what we can read anyhow and what performance makers know best. I am thinking that in this kind of sense feminist approach is one of the options. Which would mean in this case: an open view to new possibilities. I definitely have to include my practice, to situate my knowledge and place my observations. There is a concept of 'Proto Talks' at Labo* festival by Eleanor Bauer, who is proposing kind of similar direction to deal with information (out of the sight). 

Maybe there is a space to say something extra and somewhat extra informal to the festival's format. Therefore I will say that I am the artist and I am responsible for text published on this blog. It is informal form, a diary, a blog as my personal practice to situate myself in some situation and from within working with documentation. I am performance maker, social choreographer, and architect. I create private conversations and actions public (with the consent of ones involved). 


Email from Jane Hopper, a curator and artistic director of the Labo* Stockholm festival:



The invitation to the blog-making was very queer. (open and generous)

No comments:

Post a Comment