Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Dana Caspersen in collaboration with the Michael Douglas Kollektiv: The Exchange

Dana Caspersen in collaboration with the Michael Douglas Kollektiv: The Exchange @ venue: Scenkonstmuseet, 19.00 h


There was a kind of thread of exchange through the whole evening. If it started with a conversation on a stage, it ended in a bar: the subject of social choreography was very contagious. At the performance I have met Ellen, a dancer and a writer for Labo* festival. We got instructed to talk about violence. While exchanging some personal stories she said she is vegetarian going to become vegan, because of underlayerd violence in the animal industry. I talked about the war that happened in Yugoslavia twenty three years ago. This is the performance in which protagonist is an audience, executing tasks with given instructions. What we create here and what kind of conversations we have is up to us. Speech and movement as tools of performance had kind of an educational note. The practice of talking about violence makes violence present as a display. While listing examples and our reactions towards it we are shaping and gradually molding the perception we have had before we entered this space. This is a performative space and we are aware of the statements we are making here, we are aware that we are observed by others. I think with repetition of this kind of actions we could become pretty clear how we are influencing and are influenced throughout everyday life - how we could launch a change we are constantly talking about.


So when I am saying: the thread of conversation just continued, it did transform from the subject of violence and then to conversation about our work and how relative it is.
I continued to talk with Ellen on the way to the Story Hotel, a meeting point of the festival. She is writing also for the Labo*, but kind of overview and reflection. Tomorrow I am going to record our discussion about performances 'to be seen'. I am looking forward to that!

After Ellen left home I have joined Michael Douglas Kollektiv, a familiar faces from Cologne.  <3


I walked back with Dana Caspersen to our apartments, which are some 300m from the Scentkonstmuseet and Story Hotel bar. It is such a pity I still talked about my impressions in the world influenced by performance "The exchange". I should have wait for her to say a bit more about whatever she wanted to share! I even forgot about my role as a made-up-blogger. Probably I was influenced by the subtle attempt to change the world. I am not sure if I can write here what is her next subject, but it is pretty risky theme in its context. We should often or at least sometimes take risks and make an influence. There was a workshop led by Dana Caspersen. I didn't participate.

No comments:

Post a Comment