Saturday, April 14, 2018

Linda Blomqvist // Ian Kaler and Jam Rostron aha Planningtorock // Moderating talk with Camilla Larsson


Linda Blomqvist: Circle LUX 9 @Venue: Danscentrum, 18.30 h
Ian Kaler and Jam Rostron aha Planningtorock: o.T./Raw Practice 
Moderating talk with Camilla Larsson Scenkonstmuseet, 20.00 h

My first day of the festival was Saturday 14th of April. I have been part of the immersive performance by Linda Blomqvist: Circle LUX 9 @Venue: Danscentrum, 18.30 h.
#Intimate
#space constallation
#dispersed spatial constellation 
#dealing with the self


What I saw and felt was the intimate space of the performer. Like being in her private room, observing her playground of every day. It felt pretty convincing. If she approached me closer, while moving through space I could feel the tension, not just in my body but in everyone's. I was thinking, while she is exposing herself so much, how could I support this landscape with my own body. I think we all remained a bit 'stiff' (am I talking about myself?). I am not sure why I was shy there. I am working with intimacy and borders, but it still felt (too) intimate. I could feel my sweat dropping under my hand. Maybe it is a space that is not performing itself as other venues: theatre or museum, but it is a dance studio with a little arrangement of props and objects. It worked, certainly, just it worked in a way that felt more intimate than I expected. There were pressure and pleasure of being observed, placing the eyes on the dancing body, naked body and others in the space. I could have stayed in this performance for hours... fall in love with the performer for some couple of times, I must say... (an induced fall in a performative space). 


I went with curator Jane Hopper and her sister Sara towards the next venue. It is just a few minutes away by foot: Scenkonstmuseet, @ 20.00 h there was a performance of Ian Kaler and Jam Rostron aha Planningtorock: o.T./Raw Practice with Moderating talk from Camilla Larsson

#3 bodies
#technological body
#representation
#projections
#gender fluidity


Amazing performance. The aim of representation worked: I was in a search to recognize the human in shadow/light effect. It was a magic* of the appearing/disappearing body and body parts: a nonchalant gesture, an effortless illusion. It was there. Probably it was there because of the mixture of the three: light - movement - music. In objectifying all three main elements; three bodies, I could lose myself in recognition/non-recognition of the person/Persona. The affect would not be so strong if one of the three combined elements was missing. 

At the end one performer is moving towards the back wall, mostly concentrated on own hands, I speculate: it reminds me of Michelangelo's 'The creation of Adam' #reach and touch, giving a life to something out of the performer or out of own self (it seemed that subject of the wall was important to the author while explaining wall-situation in the after talk). This alien body is giving an agency to the outside of itself to dissolve the social power of our perceptions (social/political, cultural, gender, race, behavior, etc.)

The technological body was transformative mechanism into transgression and transindividuality.  

Talk after the performance with a moderator Camilla Larsson was - rounded! I really like that everybody had a chance to talk about details, own practices, had time to flourish in their own bodies and experiences through the allotted time. 

                                photo credit: Hedda Axelsson

No comments:

Post a Comment